The term ‘painsomnia’ is perfect for describing the impact of chronic pain on the sleep patterns of those who live with conditions like Fibromyalgia.
This post touches on so many aspects of my life with both Fibromyalgia and back pain.
I’m thankful to The Brainless Blogger for writing so clearly and honestly what many people struggle to explain.
If someone you know has a chronic pain condition, you need to read this and share it with everyone you know.
So I’m going to start with this tidbit: The brain literally starts eating itself when it doesn’t get enough sleep.
AHHHhhhhhh!!!!!!! My brain is EATING itself. WTAF!
Other issues with sleep deprivation can include:
- Impacts short-term and long-term memory
- Concentration becomes impaired along with problem-solving abilities and even creativity
- Mood instability- obviously lack of sleep can make a person cranky as all hell. But long term it can be comorbid with anxiety and depression and make depression more intense
- Less than 5 hours a night can cause your blood pressure to increase
- It increases your risk for Type 2 Diabetes
- It increases the risk of heart disease
- It can lead to poor balance and increase the likelihood of falls
- Affects immune system and it may take you longer to recover from illness
- Increases the chances of obesity (source: Healthline)
And if that were not enough there is…
View original post 1,360 more words